Playing Assistant Coach / Non-playing Assistant Coach, Elwood Cricket Club
Status: OPEN | Views: 329 Club: Elwood Cricket Club Category: Coach Flight Included: No | Job Included: No | Accommodation: No Date Listed: Sep 12, 2021
The Elwood Cricket Club, based by the Port Phillip Bay at Wattie Watson Oval in Elwood, is seeking an ambitious and dedicated Assistant Coach for the 2021-22 season.
The Club’s senior program has had improved success over the previous two seasons, with our senior first XI making finals in the competitive Longmuir Shield in the South East Cricket Association, and five other teams competing successfully in various lower grades. The aim of the program for the coming year is to continue this success, and to strengthen the development of players’ technique and temperament in the hope they will grow personally and be successful with the Club.
Working to support the Club Committee and the Club’s senior coach, the Assistant Coach will play a key role at twice weekly senior training sessions, and be responsible for:
• Support the club coach in overseeing two 1.5-2 hour training sessions for the Clubs senior playing group;
• Supervise the setting up and packing up training, running drills, and ensuring training sessions are held at a consistent standard of energy and support;
• Provide technical coaching and advice in all aspects of the game;
• Work with the Coach and Selection committee on player grading;
• Provide feedback to players and parents on skills and areas for improvement.
The Club is seeking a person with the relevant cricketing experience who can dedicate their time (3-4 hours a week) to the club. The club would favourably consider a player/assistant coach arrangement. The Elwood Cricket Club has endorsed Australian Cricket’s Policy for Safeguarding Children and Young People, and the successful applicant will be required to have or obtain a Working With Children Check. Remuneration for the season is subject to negotiation.
To express your interest or for further information contact Club President Luke Stanley at email@example.com by 26 September 2021.