Great Opportunity For Women Players To Play In The Top End In Season 2023
Status: OPEN | Views: 152 Club: Nightcliff Cricket Club Category: All Rounder, Batsman, Bowler, Wicket Keeper, Coach Flight Included: Negotiable | Job Included: Negotiable | Accommodation: Negotiable Date Listed: Sep 12, 2022
We are looking for women cricketers who would be interested in playing in the top end for season 2023 with the Nightcliff Cricket Club.
We are hoping to improve our women's cricket program after finishing fourth this season, and want to build the number of girls playing in our junior ranks and encourage them to play senior cricket.
Although there is a full season women's competition, and related representative games, womens cricket in Darwin is still in its infancy, and the real pathway for girls and women is unfortunately still through the mens competition. The Nigthtcliff Cricket Club is committed to increasing the number of girls playing junior cricket, and to pave the way to having all-girl teams in the first place, and then on to separate girls competition within the next 3 years (it is part of our 5 year plan 2022-2026).
We expect the interested players to
- play in the womens competition, and mentor the girls and women playing in that competition
- work with the club to implement any initiatives to attract girls to play cricket
In return, the club will
- ensure that there are opportunities for the players to train with the senior club and to improve as cricketers on their way to fulfilling their dreams;
- provide access to specialist coaches;
- provide plenty of opportunities to play in our senior teams during the weekends - Saturday and/or Sunday; and
- provide support whilst you are playing for the club - commensurate with the experience
We are a very well established, community based club. We performed very well in 2022, with all of our senior teams, including the women's team making it to the major rounds - that is 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th grades (with two teams in the 4th grade making it into the major rounds) as well as the women's team. Due to the large numbers of import players in the competition, I would say a premier first women player from any of the capital cities will easily fit in our 2nds or 3rds teams - but the selection will be made on merit from week to week.
Our season will start in early April and run through to the second weekend of September, and we prefer players who are available for most of the season, but will make an assessment on players who are available for only part of the season.
This opportunity is ideally open to Australian citizens and permanent residence or who have permission to stay and play cricket in Australia. The club is not in a position to sponsor anyone on any of the visas.